This is the follow-up post to my April 20, 2009 WCSA presentation. Below are the links and sources referenced during my talk. Thank you all for attending and sharing your thoughts during the session.
As I noted, my goal is not to predict the future but to describe some trends and changes that are occurring now. The three key trends are cheap, massive, and real-time.
You can find out more about the Academic ADL Co-Lab at http://www.academiccolab.org
- Institute for Innovation in Undergraduate Research and Learning (IIURL)
You can also link to the student-generated algebra PRAXIS learning objects project.
- Mobile Media Learning – Social network for using mobile media in the classroom
- One Laptop per Child
- MIT Open Courseware
- Amazon S3 Web Services
- AcademicFest 2009 Conference Site
- Games, Learning, and Society Conference Site
- The World is Open (Release July 2009)
- The Big Switch: Rewiring the World from Edison to Google
- Orbis Pictus Google Books free online version (1810 reprint)
Video embedded in Second Life with a live and virtual audience
Virtual Reality Goggles – Soldier Training
Inside a Google Data Center